Rachel nichols dating benjamin mckenzie
Between 19, it was widened and extended east, reaching Pembina Highway in the mid 1960s. Named for Albert Henry George Grey (1851-1917), Governor-General of Canada from 1904 to 1911, whose donation of a cup for football is recognized by the Grey Cup.
Other Winnipeg street commemorating Governors General include Aberdeen Avenue, Athlone Drive, Byng Place, Devonshire Drive, Dufferin Avenue, Lansdowne Avenue, Leger Crescent, Lisgar Avenue, Lorne Avenue, Minto Street, Monck Avenue, Stanley Street, Tweedsmuir Road, Vanier Drive, and Vincent Massey Boulevard. Other Winnipeg streets commemorating academic institutions include Bishops Lane, Cambridge Street, Laval Drive, Macalester Bay, Mc Gill Avenue, Mount Allison Bay, Oxford Street, Purdue Bay, Rutgers Bay, Ryerson Avenue, Selwyn Place, Yale Avenue, and others.
Its compiler, the late scholar Jaroslav Bohdan Rudnyckyj (1910-1995), acknowledged prior efforts to document the history of Winnipeg street names, starting with Mary Hislop.
Her book , published in 1912, was the first of its kind in Canada. He also paid homage to Winnipeg historians Harry Shave and Vince Leah who wrote respectively for the Winnipeg Free Press and Named for the Marquis of Aberdeen, Governor-General of Canada (1893-1898) who visited Winnipeg in 18.
See also Carlton, Edmonton, Ellice, Garry, Qu’Appelle, York. The basis for this conclusion is unclear, as Fraser, who homesteaded near Manitou, appeared not to have a connection with Winnipeg warranting commemoration.
Named for the Hudson’s Bay Company trading post Fort Garry which, in turn, was named for Nicholas Garry (c1782-1856), a director of the company.
Named for Alexander Augustus Frederick William Alfred George Cambridge, First Earl of Athlone and Prince Alexander of Teck (1874-1957), who served as Governor General of Canada from 1940 to 1946.Named for Edgar Dewdney (1835-1916), who served as Indian Commissioner and Lieutenant-Governor of the North West Territories, before parts were partitioned off as Saskatchewan and Alberta in 1905.