Updating my internet explorer
The two most commonly used browsers are Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Browser programs are frequently updated to add functionality and address problems.
As additional measure, I used the tool to uninstall any previous and unsecure JRE version (using Google Chrome). After that you can remove site from compatibility view and it should also run.
After double checking IE 11, I can see the Java Addons enabled and versioned to 7u51: I know IE has been improved; even so, we recommend to our customers to use Google Chrome or Firefox as these browsers have proven to be more compatible with our web applications. The behavior of applets changes significantly with update 51.
A recent upgrade of our website has caused an issue for some of our visitors.
I would like to know if there is any workaround for this. How to enable compatibility view in Internet Explorer 11 You can try now if it works or not.The browser you use could be missing important updates or you have a version that is no longer supported that can also affect using other websites.Other benefits of upgrading are for increased download and browsing speed as well as essential added security from the new technology.So, my resolution was: Its not about security settings .. I ran into a similar issue that impacted all my browsers. Finally resolved my java install issue on Win 7 64-bit running IE11.
its the User Agent in IE11 ( in IE11 its Trident while all previous versions of MS IE were MSIE ) so I suppose that Java deployment tool cannot recognize new baby of MS .. I already ask if there is any temporarily solution till Oracle guys make new release Java Fx web not working with Internet Explorer 11 with JRE7 update: btw applet is working at least on the oracle test java page : just uninstall all JAVA from PC then reinstall latest version and disable then enable "Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper and Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper " @ manage add-ons. After completely uninstalling all my JREs and JDKs then startig from scratch, I ran into the same issue. I detailed out the solution here (Why does Java 7 fail to Verify after successful JRE installation - Java 7 not running my any browser) but basically I added this "prefer IPv4Stack=true" to my vm args (set in the Java Control Panel, under Java tab / View) and that solved the issues I was facing... Even though I installed the latest Java (65) via a java auto-update prompt, tried a verify java version and java failed to run, shut down all IE instances, failed to run verify again, shut down all running programs, failed to run verify again, rebooted, failed to run verify again, re-installed 65 again (shutting down the browser manually as it downloaded), and finally verify ran. The message I kept receiving was "The page you are viewing uses Java ..."; e.g. I do use sleep mode on my desktop and I believe that this is probably the major issue with install and IE with its "clever" integration into the OS and explorer/desktop. I've had issues with CD-ROM drive disappearing and other unexplained periodic issues; all cured after a full reboot.
seems like a hack but I guess the latest JRE does not handle IPv6 type requests properly Update deploy They are infrequent, so I live with them for the convenience of faster startup times. In the Java Control Panel, under the Security tab, uncheck "Enable Java content in the browser" and Apply it. This worked for me, and I had been struggling with this issue for days.